Enemeez® is a 5ml mini-enema of Docusate Sodium in Polyethylene Glycol base and is dispensed using a soft latex-free tube. The tube has a twist off tip that leaves a smooth surface at the point of insertion. Enemeez® is effective for bowel care needs associated with spinal cord injury and disease, multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, spina bifida, long-term care, stroke and constipation associated with oncology or opioid treatment. Adults and children 12 years of age and older (with adult supervision), one to three units daily. Children under 12 years of age, consult a physician prior to use.
- Can reduce nursing intervention required for in-patient bowel care, can result in labor cost savings to the facility.1
- Can assist in the improvement of patient care and FIM scores associated with bowel care.
- Can reduce time spent with patient for dressing/redressing due to episodes of incontinence or fecal discharge.1
Fast, predictable results typically in 15-20 minutes, non-irritating formula. No afterburn.2
- Can virtually eliminate episodes of incontinence2.
- Can reduce complications of wound contamination associated with perianal pressure ulcers.
- No mucosal discharge, helps to maintain healthy skin integrity.2
- No side effects that interfere with narcotic or chemotherapy medications. Easy rectal usage for patients with pharyngeal reflex, nasogastric tube or nausea.
- Can assist in reducing time missed in therapy/rehabilitation due to episodes of incontinence, prolonged bowel care, or fatigue.1
- Can assist with facility savings on pads, laundry, gowns, sheets etc. due to incontinence or fecal discharge.
1. Rehabilitation Nursing (Dunn KL & Galka ML (1994) Comparison of the Effectiveness of Therevac SB and Bisacodyl Suppositories in SCI Patients Bowel Programs, Rehabil Nurs. 19 (6):334-8.
2. Alliance Laboratories In-house research. Customer Survey Nov. 6, 2009.
Enemeez® Plus is the same formula as Enemeez® with the addition of 20mg of Benzocaine. This formula was developed for patients who experience pain or autonomic dysreflexia during their bowel movements. Enemeez® Plus should not be used when open sores are present.
Please call Enemeez® customer service for a listing of hospitals and physicians in your area. Enemeez® Customer Service
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (Arizona Time)
(602) 276-3434 Ext. 208
(888) 273-9734 Ext. 208
(888) 273-9734 Ext. 203